Our guests are our top priority and we will happily
customize any dish to ensure that it is prepared safely for their specific needs.
Examples include: using unseasoned flour as a breading, pan frying an item
instead of using the traditional method in a deep fryer or grilling an item on
a separate surface.
Please note that we use separate fryers for all of our menu items: Hushpuppies,
Poultry, Fries and Potatoes, Seafood and Shellfish.
We have a Gluten Free menu that is available upon
request at all of our restaurants.
When a guest comes to any Salty Dog restaurant with special dietary needs or allergies, we follow a
strict protocol which is outlined below:
We understand the importance of taking dietary restrictions and allergies seriously
and we are happy to help make your visit to the Salty Dog (and all of our restaurants) as amazing as possible!
- STEP ONE: A guest informs one of our bartenders or servers about a dietary restriction or food allergy.
- STEP TWO: The Salty Dog crew member asks specific questions about the allergy and guides
the guest through the menu, citing options that are available to the guest. At this point,
the guest can discuss special requests or customized menu options that we have available.
- STEP THREE: The Salty Dog crew member notifies the Manager on Duty about the food allergy.
The Manager on Duty consults the lead Chef in the kitchen and they both review the entire dish
to ensure that no ingredients in the meal contain any allergens down to the sauce, seasoning,
dressing and cooking surfaces.
- STEP FOUR: The Salty Dog crew member enters the order into our computer system using "Special
Modifiers” that clearly indicate the allergy information to everyone on our culinary and service staff.
- STEP FIVE: The lead Chef prepares the meal in a separate portion of our kitchen using completely
clean and fresh utensils, cutting boards and ingredients.
- STEP SIX: When all of the food for the table is ready to serve, the other dishes will be
delivered to the table by one of our food runners. Meanwhile, the lead Chef personally delivers
the meal with the food allergy to the table or the lead Chef hands the dish over to the Manager
on Duty and that Manager will personally deliver the meal to you explaining the food allergies
that were identified and ensure that there was no cross contamination during the delivery of the meal.
- STEP SEVEN: The Manager on Duty or lead Chef will visit the table after you have had a moment
to enjoy the food to make sure that everything was prepared to your liking and that the dish is delicious.